Guidelines for E-Learning Days
- North Gibson School Corporation will be using a combination of E-learning Days and state approved waiver of school days. The schedule will be as follows:
- Week of March 16, 2020: 2 Days of E-learning will be posted by Wednesday, March 18, 2020 by 9:00 AM (Assignments are due by Monday, March 30, 2020)
- Week of March 23, 2020: Spring Break (No Additional E-learning Assignments)
- Week of March 30, 2020: 2 Days of E-Learning will be posted by Monday, March 30, 2020 at 9:00 AM (Assignments are due by Monday, April 6, 2020)
- Week of April 6, 2020: 2 Days of E-learning will be posted by Monday, April 6 at 9:00 AM (Assignments are Due by Tuesday, April 14, 2020)
- Week of April 14, 2020: 2 Days of E-Learning will be posted by Tuesday, April 14 at 9:00 AM (Assignments are due by Monday, April 20, 2020)
- Week of April 20, 2020: Full Week of E-learning will be posted by Monday, April 20 at 9:00 AM (Assignments are due by Monday, April 27, 2020)
- Week of April 27, 2020:Full Week of E-learning will be posted by Monday, April 27 at 9:00 AM (Assignments are due by Monday, May 4, 2020)
- Week of May 4, 2020: Full Week of E-learning will be posted by Monday, May 4, 2020 at 9:00 AM (Assignments are due by Monday, May 11, 2020)
2.) We have created an E-learning page on our website at www.ngsc.k12.in.us. It will be the first thing to pop-up when you go to the website. This will provide students and parents with the links to access Canvas, which is our Learning Management System that will house all the assignments. Additional information such as food service and other Covid-19 updates will occur on this website as needed.
3.) Student Login to Canvas (Grades 3-12): Students should use the login that they use each day to log-in to a computer at school.
4.) For All Students: We have placed buses with open WiFi access at the following location:
- Patoka United Methodist Church
- Mount Olympus Gym
- Hazleton Community Center
- Princeton Community High School Outer Parking Lot Near Learning Campus Sign.
- Princeton Community Intermediate/Middle School Main Parking Lot
- Princeton Community Primary School South located in front of the school.
- Week of March 16: Office open daily from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Week of March 30, April 6, April 14, April 20, April 27, May 4, May 11, and May 18: Monday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and Wednesday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Office will be closed March 23-27 for Spring Break, April 10, and April 13.
- Each school office will have staff available to provide assistance each Wednesday from 4:00-6:00 PM on April 15, 22, 29, and May 6.
6.) Learning Packets:
For the week of April 14, April 20, and April 27 Learning Packets will be available beginning April 15. The Learning Packets for the week of May 4 will be available for pick-up on April 22. The packets will be distributed in the following manner:
Princeton Community High School: Packets can be picked up by appointment. Those needing packets need to call the office during open office hours. Additionally, for any students having issues with their Chromebook, you are asked to call the office to schedule an appointment for a repair.
Princeton Community Middle School: Office staff will be mailing the next round of packets to all students who requested packets for the first 6 E-learning lessons.
Princeton Community Intermediate School: Office staff will be mailing packets to those who have previously requested the packets.
Princeton Community Primary School: Packets will be copied and available for pick-up in the main entry area at the Primary School South location for those who previously requested packets.
7.) Learning Packet Turn-in:
To limit contact with the public for our office staff, we have placed Drop Boxes to turn in Learning Packets at the following locations:
- Primary South for K-2 students.
- Princeton Community Middle School between Door 5 and 6 for students in grades 3-8.
- Princeton Community High School for all high school students.
- Please be sure that your student’s name in on the packet.
8.) Any questions regarding assignments should be directed to the teacher via email. Teacher emails will be included with the E-learning assignment posted in Canvas and on the Learning Packets. Teachers will be monitoring E-learning activities and email throughout the closure and will respond to emails in a timely manner. If you need any additional assistance, you may contact the school office during the Monday and Wednesday open office hours from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
9.) ATTENDANCE AND GRADES: In order for students to be counted present the E-learning Days each week, and to earn grades during the extended closure period, all assignments must be completed and turned in.
10.) Free Lunch for Grades K-12 Students: Grab and Go Bags will be available each day FREE OF CHARGE to all students in grades Kindergarten through Grade 12 beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020. These Grab and Go bags will include lunch for the day and breakfast for the next morning. Pick-up will occur daily from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM at Princeton Community Middle School. Pickup will be at the back of the building at door 26. This food service will not be available during Spring Break week which is March 23-27, April 10, and April. Food service of Grab and Go meals will conclude on May 21, 2020. No adult lunches will be served.
We will also have meals available for pick-up starting Thursday, March 19, 2020 from
11:00-12:00 PM at the following locations in the community:
1.) Hazleton Community Center Parking Lot
2.) Patoka United Methodist Church Parking Lot
3.) Mount Olympus Gym Parking Lot
4.) Sandy Acres Trailer Court at the office
5.) Princeton Creek Apartments at the Office Building Parking Lot
6.) Deda Young Park (Ford and Brumfield Area)
7.) Mulberry St. Apartments
Look for the white or yellow small school bus.
E-Learning 1st Grade
E-Learning 2nd Grade
E-Learning Canvas Login for Grades 3-12